This session is where women’s and pelvic health considerations meet the physical & mental demands of mountain biking after having a baby and at an individual basis. It does take into account specific female and postnatal considerations and how they relate to biking. We also will look briefly at equipment, lifestyle, riding technique, training, fitness, goals, maintenance, and more. We also discuss hormones and their influence on performance, riding while pregnant, and how specific parts of the female body are uniquely affected by mountain biking.
There are four big factors that influence your return to riding and performance:
- Your Mindset, beliefs, attitudes, – (it can hinder or help your postpartum recovery)
- Pregnancy/Postpartum physiological changes,
- Breathing, Pelvic floor & The core,
- What you do during the day.
Topics/skills learnt on the trails:
- body position/alignment
- individual riding technique, concerns and goals