Get your postpartum core restore stuff sorted for you in the birth to bike program so you can get back our there and enjoy the trails as soon and safely as possible.
MTB involves a constant push and pull between the upper and lower limbs and a strong core to be able to transfer these forces. And all the while moving dynamically, balancing and directing the bike and concentrating on the upcoming terrain! There is so much going on, and that is why, as MTBmamas, we need to focus on:
- Re-establishing core coordination and function
- rebuilding strength in the upper and lower body
- building up cardio conditioning and incorporating some MTB-specific movements as well as moving differently to how you move as a mama and mountain biker
- gradually and progressively building up riding duration and intensity
- re-learning basic bike skills and basic movement patterns
- familiarising yourself with pelvic health red flags and establishing good pelvic health habits.
✅ An easy birth doesn’t equal an easy recovery.
The six-week check-up is a Greenlight to BEGIN movement. It is not a green light to return to full scale or high-demand training.
This program takes you through the progressive stages of Healing, Rehab and Performance by:
- Reconnecting your core and pelvic floor
- Assessing your strategies and tendencies
- Strengthening your core, pelvic floor, and full body
- Rebuilding fitness and bike ready conditioning
- Giving you the tools you need to navigate your own training and core and pelvic health for life.
- Boosting your self-esteem and self-confidence on the bike again!
The program includes:
- Video workouts for core, conditioning, pelvic floor and strength-building,
- Everything you need to know about your body and postpartum and how it relates to biking and fitness,
- Bike-specific conditioning program
- Guidance regarding female physiology and everything you need to know about pelvic health
- Step-by-step instructions to get you from Birth to Bike whether you are an athlete, newbie or a weekend warrior!